As a qualified Social Worker and Mediator I established Equality Strategies Ltd in 1999, to provide technical support, research and mediation services. I am a skilled mediator and an experienced mediation trainer. I provide professional mediation services in a range of settings. I am the Irish Master Certified Trainer for Managing Workplace Conflict (Mediation Training International, USA) and the European PULSE Professional and Trainer for the PULSE Institute, Canada.
I have designed and delivered professional mediation training courses and recently delivered the Mediation Skills and Structures Training Programme©™ to managerial staff in Kerry County Council. I have delivered managerial mediation courses for the Human Resource Management Team in Hewlett Packard Ireland, Focus Ireland and for a range of organisations in SkillsNet. As Associate Fellow in the National College of Ireland I developed and lecture on the FETAC Level 6 Mediation Theory and Practice and Advocacy Courses.
I develop equality policies and design and deliver equality and diversity training for companies all over the country and am a member of the Equality Authority’s equality expert panel. I have considerable experience conducting equality audits and reviews - for Tipperary Institute, Waterford Institute of Technology, Jury’s Inn Custom House, the Irish Aviation Authority and COPE Ltd. I design and deliver equality-proofing projects for statutory, private and NGO sector organizations.
I also work on an international level. I am currently the diversity expert for the EU - Project VT 2009/005 – Support for Voluntary Initiatives Promoting Diversity at the Workplace across the EU and the Irish national expert in the EU Network of Experts in Gender Equality, Social Inclusion and Long-term Care.
- Certified Member of the Mediators Institute of Ireland (MII) 2011
- PULSE Trainer - PULSE Institute, Canada 2010
- PULSE Professional – PULSE Institute, Canada 2009
- Master Certified Trainer - Managing Workplace Conflict - Mediation Training International USA, 2009
- Part II Advanced Mediator Training - Mediation Training International, USA, 2008
- Part I MAG Training - Mediation Solutions, Mediation Institute Ireland & Association Conflict Resolution, USA, 2003
- Masters in Equality Studies - University College Dublin, 1999
- Bachelor of Social Studies (First Class Honours) - Trinity College Dublin, 1988
- Certificate of Qualification for Social Work (CQSW), 1988
- 2011- Employment Law for Mediators – MII
- 2009 - Associate Fellow, National College of Ireland – Lecturer on Mediation and Advocacy programmes